Hydra-Comp use a Nextage Solid Edge add-on to streamline work
Hydra-Comp took Nextage's help to create a product configurator that quickly brings their product configurations to their customers. Both visually and as commercial proposals. The result; time-saving and happy customers.
Requests for proposals were piling up at Hydra-Comp
To create the proposals of highly customer-tailored products was taking a lot of Hydra-Comp’s time. Solution: a fully automated web-based product configurator solution for design creation and offers based on the Solid Edge NVP Configurator.
Hydra-Comp is a Danish manufacturer of highly configurable Hydraulic Cylinders.
Proposal processing for a custom-designed hydraulic cylinder consists of: configuration of the cylinder, piston, and options, creation of 3D models with associated drawings, step files to be imported and used by end-user design and a proposal. And all this can be repeated for each alternative design.
Starting to solve challenges
It all started a couple of years ago. Hydra-Comp decided to develop and implement a product configurator with the following requirements:
- The customer must be able to create his / her own design
- With any number of alternative designs
- In a highly intuitive, fast and responsive way via the web – without the need of plug-ins
- Including 3D models to be used, simulated and verified in any CAD system
- A proposal for each alternative
- And finally, reduction of proposal processing time by a minimum 75 %
- Hydra-Comp developed their own web-based configurator based on Nextage’s Solid Edge NVP Configurator engine
The NVP Configurator engine is running in the background on a server receiving design parameters from the Hydra-Comp web application. In less than a minute each new design is processed and sent by e-mail to the user.
Hydra-Comp did a stunning job developing the web-based configurator – the only design criteria they missed was the 75 % time reduction. It came out at 100 % because the solution ended up fully automated. No human intervention at all.
In addition, there is no shame in admitting that the earlier your product is included in a new customer design, the better. Everybody knows how dangerous and potentially expensive it is to replace the product with alternatives at the end of the design phase.
Accelerate your business
Follow us on LinkedIn